A little innovative trick you may not know of is our breads make a great crumble – very similar to a granola! It is easy and can be simply made in your oven or dehydrator. It results in a extremely tasty, healthy and unsweetened crunchy crumble – great as a cereal, snack or topping smoothie bowls.
Here is a delicious smoothie bowl recipe featuring Date & Walnut Sprouted Crumble.
– 1 frozen ripe banana
– 1 wedge of rock melon
– 1/4 cup of plant mylk (we used oat milk)
– 1/3 loaf of Pure Life Date & Walnut sprouted bread (will make extra)
– seeds and fruit of your choice
Granola Instructions (Oven):
- Preheat oven to 120°C.
- By hand crumble the loaf onto 2 x baking trays ensuring crumble is evenly spread.
- Bake for 1:10 turning after 35 minutes.
Granola Instructions (Dehydrator)
- By hand crumble the loaf onto dehydrating trays ensuring crumble is evenly spread.
- Dehydrate at 65°C for approximately three hours (it will be ready when crumble is not squidgy).
Tip: Crumble more bread for extras. You can store in a container in the cupboard. You can also use any of our breads! We’ve found best results from Date & Walnut and Ezekiel 4:9.
- Add banana, rockmelon and plant mylk in blender and blend on low until smooth.
- Scoop mix in into serving bowl and top with Date & Walnut “granola.
- Add fruit and seeds of choice. Berries, sunflower seeds, buckwheat, nuts and pepitas are great!