A bread pudding is a perfect homely, comfort dessert. Here is a simple vegan and refined sugar-free recipe and chances are you already have most ingredients in your fridge and pantry.
6 thin slices of Pure Life Date & Walnut bread
3 cups of organic soy milk
4 tbsp organic chia seeds
3/4 cup of organic sultanas
1 tsp of vanilla essence
1/4 tsp of nutmeg
1/4 tsp of cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan forced.
2. In a small dish mix chia seeds with 2/3 cups of water and rest for 5 mins to thicken. Pulse hydrated chia in blender.
3. In a bowl wisk chia mix, soy milk, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon.
4. Grease large baking dish with coconut oil.
5. Arrange half the bread in large baking dish with half the sultanas. Repeat with remaining bread and sultanas.
6. Pour liquid mixture over bread.
7. Bake for 30-35mins.
8. Serve warm with fresh berries and enjoy!