Energy balls are one of all-time our favourite snacks! They are nutritious, delicious and take minimal preparation time at home. Perfect for that in between meal snack they are packed with protein and help satisfy sweet cravings.
Here is one of our favourite recipes!
2 thick slices of Pure Life Ezekiel 4:9 sprouted bread
1 cup of raw or activated almonds (can opt out for other nuts of choice)
1 cup of diced dates (soaked in 2 tbsp of water for 30mins)
3 teaspoons of cocao powder
2 teaspoons of maca powder
3 tablespoons of shredded or dessicated coconut
Extra dessicated coconut
1. Dry Ezekiel 4:9 slices in oven at 120°C for 30mins.
2. Add almonds to food processor pulse until fine.
3. Add remaining ingredients including bread in food processor (except extra coconut) and pulse until ingredients are blended together.
4. If dry, add 1/2 to 2 teaspoons of water so mixture sticks together.
5. Roll into tablespoon size balls and then roll each ball in coconut.
6. Refrigerate and enjoy once hardened.
It is easy to roll in extra ingredients as you please to bulk up your balls and add texture. We love adding hemp seeds, pepitas and sunflower seeds.